Re: nvda ocr

Aschalew Byness

The image is a scanned document. I open this scanned document with
Adobe reader. When I open it, nvda says: “Alert: Empty page page
This page appears to be empty. It may contain a scanned image that
needs OCR or it may be part of a malformed document.” After getting
this message, I press insert +r. nvda says: ‘recognizing. Result
document.” After that, if I press insert +r, nvda says: ‘already in a
content recognition result’. If I arrow then, it reads: ‘blank”.

On 6/25/20, Aschalew Byness via groups.io
<gakidan.ashagre235=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
yeah, I am using windows 10 2004 version. when I try to recognize an
image by pressing insert + r, there is nothing shown or heard. no bip
sound, no spoken outcome whether it is recognizing. even when I press
arrow keys, it simply says 'blank'. then How do I know whether it has
started recognizing. How do I know whether it has finished
recognising?

On 6/25/20, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hello.
do you use windows ten?
if so, windows ten has internal ocr functionality that nvda developers
added support for it since nvda version 2017.3.
if you use any other windows version that has not internal ocr
capability, you should install ocr addon.

On 6/25/20, Aschalew Byness <gakidan.ashagre235@...> wrote:
Hi lovely guys
I always try to have nvda recognize image or scanned documents with
insert+r. I don't get any result though. but, in jaws, when I press
insert + space, o, c, I hear a kind of bip sound to let me know that
the recognition is in process. it also lets me know when it finishes
recognizing the document. I don't get the same in nvda although I
press insert +r. it is dead silence. does this nvda OCR recognition
really work.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens