Re: CODE FACTORY’S ELOQUENCE SAYING THE TIME WEIRD?

Rui Fontes

Check if number processing is enabled in the Eloquence configurations...

Rui Fontes

Às 11:48 de 27/06/2020, Gerardo Corripio escreveu:

Sorry for not clarifying: it’s not the punctuation I’m talking about. It’s how it reads numbers while in the time: in Tiflotecnia’s Vocalizer, and Acapela, 7:30PM, it reads it when spoken: 7:30, whereas the Code Factory’s Eloquence, reads it as 07/.30. what setting needs to be changed for Eloquence to read it as with the other synths? Hope I’m making better sense this time around?

Gera

El 27 jun 2020, a la(s) 1:14 a.m., Gene <gsasner@...> escribió:

You aren't indicating how it is read in a way a synthesizer knows what you are indicating. You appear to be saying that you hear the colon being rread. If you set punctuation to none in NVDA, I suspect you won't hear the colon spoken. If you don't want to hear any punctuation anywhere, that will probably solve the problem.

If you do want to hear punctuation elsewhere, it may require some sort of regular expression in the speech dictionary. Others may be able to tell you how to implement it.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 12:18 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] CODE FACTORY’S ELOQUENCE SAYING THE TIME WEIRD?

TRYING OUT THE 7-DAY TRIAL OF THE COEE CODE FACTORY’S ELOQUENCE SYNTHESIZER (I’VE 6 DAYS LEFT), WITH THE INCONVENIENCE OF WHEN CHECKING THE TIME VIA the NVDA+F12 command, the time of 7:35PM, is read by Eloquence as 7:35PM. What setting needs to be changed for the time to be read right, like with Tiflotecnia’s vocalizer which reads it right? Thanks for info.

Gera