Re: Focus Issues on Facebook Desktop Site Using Firefox

It doesn't fix anything. When I press enter in comments area to add my comment, it puts me in the reactions area.

On 6/27/2020 9:51 AM, Gene wrote:
You might stop the entire problem by turning automatic switching tbetween browse mode and focus mode off.  Just one more example of too much automation and why it is better to switch between these states manually.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Dejan Ristic
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 6:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Focus Issues on Facebook Desktop Site Using Firefox

Hi from me,

You say that you happen to face it on Firefox. I face it on Google
Chrome. That's to say, when I come upon the like button in the reactions
toolbar area while in the browse mode, NVDA automatically switches to
the focus mode. And then, when I hit escape as you do, NVDA's focus is
thrown somewhere else. To get rid of the inconveniences, I go to the
NVDA menu, choose the advanced submenu, and then tab to the
automatically set system focus to focusable elements to uncheck it just
to stop NVDA's focus skipping of its own accord. When I do that, I can
use www.facebook.com much better when I walk through the reactions area
and the comments area.

Both Chrome and NVDA are the latest versions (NVDA being the latest
stable).

Dejan

On 27/06/2020 04:41, Governor staten wrote:
Hello. Is the subject apt for anyone else but me? I am having many focus issues on the Facebook desktop site, using NVDA alpha-20400,675c4c54. I"m using Firefox 77.0.1 on Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.900. I've had focus issues for quite some time. Here are latest issues. I will do my best to describe.

When I read posts, I use browse mode, pressing "h" to move from heading to heading. If I want to like a post, I navigate to the like button. When I press enter on it, it appears to be stuck in the reactions area. If I press escape, I am thrown somewhere else on the page.

I try to comment on a post I liked, and it has me doing things to the reactions. I hit the escape key and again, I"m thrown somewhere else on the page. I hope I can help you all solve this one. It is annoying, to say the least.