Re: Minor Problem: NVDA Closing/Exit Sounds Not Being Heard When Exiting NVDA

To be honest thats why I am all for sapi voices in the big synths but then I want to be a multiuser type deal.

I don't really need high quality voices for general admin, after all, crappy and fast with good performance is fine for my general day to day life.

Playing games or reading books, then yeah I need better voices, but espeak does what it does which is read the screen.

The issue with high quality voices is while you can use them to read the screen there is a delay when they do things and there is a bit of lag.

They are fine for books and games though.

Espeak is also good in dosbox but that could also be my old dos days.

Of course depending what the game is, you need a voice that fits.

Sometimes there are arcade and other games that while you can run a high quality voice, especially if these are mimicking older arcade machines, high quality kinda doesn't go, then something crappy and robotic sounding like eloquence fits that machine.

Beatstar for example fits a lot better with eloquence because I concidder it an arcade type unit type deal.

But it depends on the user and what you do of course.

For most of the time I actually need performance over quality.

As long as its read then its fine.

On 29/06/2020 7:56 am, Vlad Dragomir wrote:

That’s great David! This way we might have a chance to see a change or two. All the best!