Re: SSH with the new windows Bash Client?

Hello,
So I was able to get the bash client working on my computer.
Pros:
The client works great, it is just like powershell or command prompt.
2. SSH works OK. You can read what happened with the review cursor, but there is a huge lag when typing (nvda will say the letter like half a second after you type and it is not 100%). There is no feedback for up arrow to retype commands and no feedback when letters are deleted.
Other than that things are really good! Vim could use some tweaking to be a little easier to use, but it is the best. Nano doesn't like opening existing files. NVDA doesn't read anything when you open an already existing file with nano.

Because this is pretty much a commandline, is NVDA able to modify any of these behaviors?
It would be beyond amazing if there was a text editor that had the usability of EdSharp on the bash line. Vim could be that, but I have not seen anything to show me it is faster than editing with EdSharp. Apparently it is not normal for most people to never leave their keyboard when they are typing and that is what Vim allows. But EdSharp has even faster key commands and it is a lot more user friendly.

Thanks,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Jeremy <icu8it2@...> wrote:
If it's the same thing that was mentioned a while ago here on list, it does work, but seems to have some of the same issues in navigating things like ncurses menus and areas such as files within nano. As with Teraterm and I assume, putty, NVDA doesn't always track the cursor correctly, so you have to use review commands to get an idea of your position sometimes. I'm not sure if this is mostly specific to recent versions of NVDA, as I know older versions worked really well with Teraterm, but I do know the latest one can be really frustrating to use with it.

How does one go about getting and using this bash console in 10, btw, as I'd certainly be willing to give it a shot. Is it something that comes in the latest anniversary update?
Take care.

On 8/19/2016 3:18 PM, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:
Hello,
Has anyone managed to give the new windows bash client a try yet? I am waiting for my update to install. It is a very functional Ubuntu type system and that means that SSH should work.
If that is the case, no more needing to deal with partly accessible SSH clients, we will be able to use the default windows client!
Thanks,