Re: Free .RTF file creater

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:39 AM, JM Casey wrote:
Windows 10 has a spell-checker though;
It didn't initially occur to me that you might be referring to the Spell Checking feature in Settings, Devices, Typing.

By default, this is turned on, but ONLY for the software keyboard (touch screen).  There are two toggles for the hardware keyboard that are OFF by default: Show text suggestions as I type and Autocorrect misspelled words as I type.  Even in combination, these do not behave like a conventional spell checker.

In conjunction with the suggestions toggle there is a separate multilingual toggle that allows you to show text suggestions based on the recognized languages you're typing in.

The show text suggestions as I type toggle results in a situation that would drive me insane if I were a screen reader user, and that is having a list of three words or phrases showing up every time I pause for about a second, reading the first word and saying "one of three" when using NVDA.  Autocorrect might work better, but you have to be using common dictionary words rather than any specialized jargon.