From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free .RTF file creater

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 02:19 PM, Cristóbal wrote:

Can one upgrade from 16 to 19 or would it be too much of a hassle and a simple reinstall  be better?

-
Cristóbal, I can't really answer that question since I've never even attempted an in-place upgrade for Office, though it appears that it is not possible in any meaningful sense.  See:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-do-i-upgrade-office-ee68f6cf-422f-464a-82ec-385f65391350#bkmk_readytoinstall

When it comes to Microsoft Office, I tend to do the proverbial "nuke and pave," though if one is a heavy-duty Outlook user I can understand completely why one might not want to go that route.  But based on the above it seems you would use the same techniques as though you were trying to move from one machine to another with Outlook, first backing up your existing Outlook data stores, then recovering them into the newly installed Outlook.