Re: Can different versions MS-Office, or just Outlook, be installed side-by-side on the same computer

Kenny Nead

Hi Brian, I am curious about this while you guys are talking about it. Can you install the new copy of Outlook, on your computer, before you remove the old version? Have two copies of Outlook on your computer at the same time, before changing things to the new one.

Thanks,

Kenny Nead

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free .RTF file creater

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 02:19 PM, Cristóbal wrote:

Can one upgrade from 16 to 19 or would it be too much of a hassle and a simple reinstall  be better?

-
Cristóbal, I can't really answer that question since I've never even attempted an in-place upgrade for Office, though it appears that it is not possible in any meaningful sense.  See:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-do-i-upgrade-office-ee68f6cf-422f-464a-82ec-385f65391350#bkmk_readytoinstall

When it comes to Microsoft Office, I tend to do the proverbial "nuke and pave," though if one is a heavy-duty Outlook user I can understand completely why one might not want to go that route.  But based on the above it seems you would use the same techniques as though you were trying to move from one machine to another with Outlook, first backing up your existing Outlook data stores, then recovering them into the newly installed Outlook.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.