Re: Microsoft OneNote

Hmmm technically there is.

Ever since microsoft discarded windows journal in favor of one note, no matter if you have office or not, you should be able to install one note as a desktop app by itself.

Windows also uses one note as an internal app.

So technically whenever a new office version comes out at least for now one note is free.

Actually the todo lists app, sway, office lens and one note apps are free.

As well as that the filters and conversion version for office is also free, but just don't run it with anything over office 2010 else it will conflict but yeah.

So microsoft makes you pay for all the big apps, but all the small ones are free.

On 5/07/2020 6:19 am, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi,

I have office 2016 is there a newer version of one note?  If so, where do I get it?  Thanks for any help

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Saturday, July 4, 2020 2:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft OneNote

Thanks!@ I might need it.

I know it’s been a while as you said, but have you any thoughts about what exactly needs improving? At this point as nothing is up and organised yet I’m not even really sure what to do with it to learn how to make the most effective use of it.Looks like I need to set up a microsoft account to even get it to do anything…Figures.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: July 3, 2020 7:47 PM

I actually talked to a microsoft rep directly and showed them everything that was wrong. They gave me virble feedback about f6 and stuff, then said they would forward all of this onto the developers of one note. This was last year. I have not had on enote on my system since as I no longer need it, but good luck.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 3 Jul 2020, at 11:42, JM Casey wrote:

Hey Sarah.

May I ask the nature of the feedback that was submitted? My friend 9sighted) and I were just talking about that as he uses the feedback thing quite a lot.

Lol at “pain”…yeah, they can be that. 8grins*

I can’t quite picture yet how he wants to organise all this.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: July 3, 2020 2:40 PM

I have used one note and it's ok, they suggest hitting f6 to get between pains. I submitted feedback a while ago, and that's as far as it went.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 3 Jul 2020, at 11:11, JM Casey wrote:

Hey folks. Just putting some feelers out to see if anybody uses this (OneNote) and how well it works with NVDA. I’m in a position where it’s been used to conduct/coordinate a D&D campaign (yes, really) and I don’t want to have to make someone change his whole way of doing things – but the last time I poked around with oneNote I couldn’t really make much useful out of it. At that time though I had no specific goal in mind. Any thoughts? Tips /pointers? Is the app that comes with Windows 10 sufficient or is there, like Skype, another/better one I should download for best results?

Thanks!

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.