Windows 10 Upgrade and Windows 10 App Essentials

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I keep getting this 'this version of Windows 10 app essentials is incompatible with this version of Windows message every time I restart my system and try installing the latest version of Windows 10 app essentials. I know Joseph has indicated that this would happen if you weren't running Windows 2004 verwsion.  I tried to manually install the Windows 2004 version from the Microsoft support page and half way through the installation, I got the following message.
This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10.
Your PC settings aren't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. Microsoft is working to support your settings soon. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically when these settings are supported.

a cursory search on Google for this information shows that only about half the systems are now running version 2004. I am wondering why Joseph used this upgraded version of Windows 10 app essentials under these circumstances.  I wonder what they  mean about the settings on your PC are not supported.

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"