locked Re: is firefox quantum now works well with nvda without any crash or major issue?

JM Casey

Firefox is up to version 78 now. Crashes more often with JAWS 018 on my new(er) desktop than with nVDA (newest stable release) on my old(er) lenovo laptop. Never founda browser that is completely stable 100% of the time. Firefox is pretty good at recovering from most crashes, though. Not sure how much the screen-reader influences the browser crashing but, I am not sure Freedom Scientific cares that much about Firefox support. Anyway, you'll need to stop using XP to use Quantum I think...

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of zahra
Sent: July 5, 2020 11:59 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] is firefox quantum now works well with nvda without any crash or major issue?

hello every one.
as you know,
i use windows xp and firefox 52 with nvda versions 2017.2 and 2017.3.
my only browser is firefox and i really cant tolerate other browsers.
i had issue of firefox crashes in firefox old versions with nvda.
but did not observe firefox crashes at least in firefox 45!
once, i could access windows seven and i tested firefox 61 the crashes returned frequently.
so, i observed firefox crashes in 30 minute of using firefox!
even in simple web pages like nvda user guide, and my gmail interface which is in basic html view, i had frequent crashes and firefox 61 was completely unusable for me!
when testing with windows seven, i only used and tested firefox 61 with nvda 2017.2.
and i did not have nvda 2017.3 on that time.
i know one person who has a laptop from 2009 and for this reason, He migrated to chrome!
i really wish some experts,
and who use only firefox and compare versions, especially users of old laptops, help me that 1. is frequent crashing of firefox quantum with nvda is resolved or not?
2.
if the issue is resolved,
and mozilla released a stable version of firefox without crashes like firefox 56 and before, please give me exact version number.
for example: tell me that firefox since version xxx became completely stable as it was before firefox quantum.
i searched in the internet and found only this link.
https://www.accessibilityoz.com/2018/11/accessibility-issues-with-firefox-quantum-and-screen-readers/
can someone please help?
can i use one day firefox quantum with nvda 2017.3 without any issues?
or, i should use firefox 52 forever?
thanks so much every one and God bless you all!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens