locked Re: is firefox quantum now works well with nvda without any crash or major issue?

Gene

Try it and see. Just because people generally report that a program doesn't crash doesn't mean you will have the same performance, because there are differences between systems, perhaps corruption, perhaps just differences. Programs may work differently even on two different computers running the same operating system and that have the same hardware. If your computer is slow and overheats, those may be indications of problems with the system that may influence the problems you are having.

And you are limiting yourself by refusing to use other browsers, such as Chrome. We don't know why you won't use other browsers.

From: zahra
Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2020 12:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] is firefox quantum now works well with nvda without any crash or major issue?

when i use dynamic heavy web pages with javascript,
when my system has overheating issue,
i face unresponsiveness of firefox,
but i did not face firefox and mozilla crash report,
at least since firefox 45.
i really wish to know, if firefox quantum crashing with nvda is
resolved, since which version of firefox exactly it works without any
crashes.

On 7/5/20, JM Casey <jmcasey@teksavvy.com> wrote:
Firefox is up to version 78 now. Crashes more often with JAWS 018 on my
new(er) desktop than with nVDA (newest stable release) on my old(er) lenovo
laptop. Never founda browser that is completely stable 100% of the time.
Firefox is pretty good at recovering from most crashes, though. Not sure how
much the screen-reader influences the browser crashing but, I am not sure
Freedom Scientific cares that much about Firefox support. Anyway, you'll
need to stop using XP to use Quantum I think...