locked Re: is firefox quantum now works well with nvda without any crash or major issue?

Gene

When is the last time you tested Firefox? I don't use it much but earlier, I had more crashes and on the few times I've used updated Firefox, I haven't had crashes. Also, you can't assume that crashes occur on all machines.

From: Sean
Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2020 6:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] is firefox quantum now works well with nvda without any crash or major issue?

No version of Firefox is compatible with NVDA than Chrome.
It is also valid for Quantum.

I really wanted to use Firefox.
But just like your problems, crashes occurred.

On 05/07/2020 18:58, zahra wrote:
hello every one. as you know, i use windows xp and firefox 52 with nvda versions 2017.2 and 2017.3. my only browser is firefox and i really cant tolerate other browsers. i had issue of firefox crashes in firefox old versions with nvda. but did not observe firefox crashes at least in firefox 45! once, i could access windows seven and i tested firefox 61 the crashes returned frequently. so, i observed firefox crashes in 30 minute of using firefox! even in simple web pages like nvda user guide, and my gmail interface which is in basic html view, i had frequent crashes and firefox 61 was completely unusable for me! when testing with windows seven, i only used and tested firefox 61 with nvda 2017.2. and i did not have nvda 2017.3 on that time. i know one person who has a laptop from 2009 and for this reason, He migrated to chrome! i really wish some experts, and who use only firefox and compare versions, especially users of old laptops, help me that 1. is frequent crashing of firefox quantum with nvda is resolved or not? 2. if the issue is resolved, and mozilla released a stable version of firefox without crashes like firefox 56 and before, please give me exact version number. for example: tell me that firefox since version xxx became completely stable as it was before firefox quantum. i searched in the internet and found only this link. https://www.accessibilityoz.com/2018/11/accessibility-issues-with-firefox-quantum-and-screen-readers/ can someone please help? can i use one day firefox quantum with nvda 2017.3 without any issues? or, i should use firefox 52 forever? thanks so much every one and God bless you all!
--

Sean

mailto:seantolstoyevski@protonmail.com
GitHub: SeanTolstoyevski

👨‍🦯 I’m student and programmer. I write often Python, sometimes Go and rarely C++.