locked Re: is firefox quantum now works well with nvda without any crash or major issue?

I agree, and if you can't afford one of the latest, try x business or x lease.

I am doing work for my uncle who has a 6th generation x lease system and while it has a few small niggles like it likes to startup by itself at 6 in the morning its ok.

Its probably a bios thing that it was made to startup at 6am for some reason.

On 6/07/2020 11:07 am, Gene wrote:
Then you need a newer more powerful computer so you can run Windows 7 or 10 or whatever you want to run.  You can't run any version of Firefox later than 51.x with XP.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: zahra
Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2020 12:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] is firefox quantum now works well with nvda without any crash or major issue?

fortunately,
most websites that i use, they are not firefox version dependent.
and i could use them even with firefox 3.5!
but i had a problem in using legacy text or web pages in persian that
firefox did not recognize encoding.
and one of my friends told me that she can opens such files with
firefox quantum properly.
i believe that this feature is the most important changes in firefox
quantum that i really need!
also, unfortunately, now, i only have windows xp,
and i forced to uninstall seven
because of more and more overheating my laptop,
and slowness when navigating using nvda even in computer and documents!

First, you can't use Firefox 51 forever. Old browsers gradually work with
fewer and fewer sites.  Try the latest version of Firefox and see if it
crashes or not on your Windows 7 system.  You can try the portable version
since that alters nothing on your system. You can continue to use your
beloved years out of date dangerous version if you wish and evaluate the
current portable version.  Many people are using Firefox, the latest one,
and I've seen no pattern of complaints.  While I don't use firefox much, I
haven't had problems with more recent versions.