Re: A problem with Nvda and Notepad

Gene

I don't know why he does it, but I do so to edit inn Wordpad just as in Word processors and in selecting text.

Word Wrap may well not be the problem. I wrote a lot of text as a test after seeing your message and control right arrow moved properly. I don't know what the problem is. Word wrap might as well be tried, though it probably won't help.

From: Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 9:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A problem with Nvda and Notepad

Jarek,

I am not sure that WordWrap would make any difference. I have tried reading
with WordWrap off and NVDA still functions normally. However, I am
surprised that you are using control-right arrow to read since this is a
Windows command for reading word by word. Is there a reason for not using
the other NVDA reading controls?

I read words and lines in notepad by using insert and up arrow to read the
current line and insert+down-arrow to read the whole text from the current
line to the bottom of the document.

Both work fine with Wordwrap on and off!

All the best,

Cearbhall