Re: blank lines add on.

Bhavya shah

Hi all,

This request has been made to NVDA developers directly through this
Github ticket: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/2522. I
encourage you to contribute to that conversation by possibly sharing
(i) use cases or scenarios where you experience this, (ii) why this
has a negative impact on your experience, and (iii) other pieces of
context for this issue that might make its importance more clear to
the devs.

Thanks.

I read the original request as Gene did.  I thought it might be possible to
control this either with punctuation level or possibly by adding a regular
expression match for a blank line in the default dictionary, making its
substitution be nothing at all, but neither of those methods seem to work.

If any other regex geeks are reading this, the expression I used to match a
blank line is:  ^\s*$
I still have "blank" being announced when I am down or up arrowing line by
line through text.

*Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its
platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment
Took Hold in the United States (
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html
) , September 23, 2019

--