Re: Subscribing/Unsubscribing from the NVDA Group on Groups.io

Gene

Only you. I never receive duplicate copies.

From: zahra
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 5:32 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

brian, do you recieve my emails and post twice?
or i am only alone that recieve my emails twice?
for example: when i navigate in my emails,
the first one says zahra ayat (my name and family name),
when i press h again,
nvda says zahra via groups.io

Zahra,

Depending on when you joined the group, and how, there is a Groups.io
feature in your Accounts page, Preferences tab, that is a checkbox that
reads, I always want copies of my own emails.

The default state for that these days is off, but at one time it was on.
That's the most likely reason. However, if you have an e-mail client with
filters set up there are times that filters can end up creating double
copies as well.

If you have never logged on to the Groups.io website, then see the beginning
of this document, *Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from
Groups.io,* (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1B941pSg2OCRKGukRg1d5w7nwu8wJLUaK
)
with regard to how to get a password to log in to the site to control your
various settings. At this point you do not need to know anything beyond how
to get set up to log in and can read the rest of that document at your
leisure. After you log in to Groups.io, you can copy and paste this URL,
https://groups.io/account?page=prefs , into your address box and you'll be
taken straight to your preferences page where you can examine that checkbox
and uncheck it if it's checked. Just remember to activate the Update
Preferences button at the bottom of the page to save your changes if you
make any.

*Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its
platform. Now, you simply declare your own truth.*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment
Took Hold in the United States (
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html
) , September 23, 2019

--