Read-all problem with a website

Giles Turnbull

Hi all,

I subscribe to a regular email called Pulse, Writings from the world of Medicine. Their emails have recently changed so that you get to read the first paragraph and then have to visit a website to read the rest of the article.

I find that this website doesn't work very smoothly with NVDA using the Read All method, and I'm wondering if other people have the same result.

so you can hear what I hear, I recorded the first few paragraphs and the mp3 file is saved on my website space. What you'll hear is that the end few words of a paragraph get repeated at the start of the next paragraph, and sometimes good chunks of a sentence don't get spoken at all (the text not being spoken isn't quite so evident in the mp3 extract, but it was very noticeable further down the article). This is the link to my mp3 extract:
http://gilesturnbullpoet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Pulse-article-A-Question-of-Trust.mp3

And this is the link to the actual website article:
https://pulsevoices.org/index.php/stories/a-question-of-trust

Just to clarify, the repeated words are not repeated in the actual text, and the skipped words are present in the actual text.

In the recording I'm using the SAPI5 voice Zira at speed 85, and I can confirm it is also producing the same effects at slower speeds, as it is if I change the voice to SAPI5 voice Hazel. I'm using NVDA Version: 2020.1, windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.900), and am getting these effects in both Mozilla Firefox version 78.0.1 (64-bit) and Google Chrome (which is up to date) Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Does anybody know if this is an NVDA issue, or if it's something I can report to the Pulse organisation for them to hopefully sort out?

Thanks,

Giles