Re: NVDA saying unknown again in browsers

Kenny Nead <knead54@...>

I have never done anything like this before, is it dangerous to my computer, if I do not know what I am doing?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2020 4:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA saying unknown again in browsers

Well I have updated my old hp amd ryzen 2500 system to windows 2004 and its ok.

The only things I needed to update were a connection utility and audio drivers.

There was an older intel 7th gen, an ay series, and that also just worked.

I just updated a elete desk 800g2 6th gen to windows 10 latest and also updated drivers and this from windows 1500.

One thing I did do before updating to the latest was to install all drivers and bios updates first.

Not sure if that had anything to do with it but it was all smooth and it  worked.

So check and see what needs updating by going to hp support assistant, and hitting space on the serial number, go to https://support.hp.com

click accept

click software and drivers

hit the identify button then hit ok.

Or hit laptop or desktop, enter the serial or product number from support assistant in the field previded, then go button, then download and run all drivers that say 2020 on themm.

Note have device manager open in control panel and add remove programs open to to see what you have installed so you get the right things.

Once all drivers and diagnostics are installed and the system is rebooted it should work.

The only exceptions are the firmware which may have different instructions.

Desktop bios on the elete and pro line you can update bios, back it up and ok it and let it run and update and it will eventually just do and it will work.

On the the laptops its a bit more of a visual doodle and will take a bit longer to update.

Basically when the system on a desktop stops boot looping and finally beeps hit enter and it will boot and go.

On a laptop wait till the fan stops spinning and windows loads and its done.

You may have to go for a break for a few minutes round 10 or so on laptops and just wing it and it will come back.

Just don't lose power is all.

On 10/07/2020 9:27 am, Kenny Nead wrote:

Hi, We have 2 computers, a Dell solid state, that I updated it to 2004, it went well, but slow, then my wife has a H P, and we updated it, it went all the way through the update, then messed up when it said to restart it, so we left it at 1909, and now it says it is up to date. So will leave it alone till it gets good and ready. This was several weeks ago.