Re: nvda not speaking program/icon on the desktop when pressing first letter

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Another that just come to mind is you might of accidentally turned off speech on nvda.

Use the nvda key + letter S to toggle between no speech, beep and talk then save your settings with the ctrl key + nvda key + the letter C

i guess it could easily be done if you wanted to change your synth settings but missed out the ctrl key .

Gene nz

 nz

On 13/07/2020 2:25 am, Fresh Start wrote:

Hi All, I am using NVDA 20.1 on a client’s windows ten pro laptop. When on the desktop or in a list of programs or files, NVDA doesn’t speak the name of a program or file when pressing it’s first letter.  However, the cursor does go to the location.  I know this by arrowing up and then down.  I tried maximizing but didn’t cause any change in behavior.  Any ideas to resolve the problem?  Thanks in advance.

Subscribe to the Fresh Start Daily Devotion by sending a message to the e-mail address shown below with subscribe in the subject field.

dan@...

Unsubscribe from the Fresh Start Daily Devotion by sending a message to the e-mail address shown below with unsubscribe in the subject field.

dan@...

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.”

(Proverbs 3:5,6 NIV)