Re: looking for a free synthesiser

Sarah k Alawami

Also google the IBM voice for NvDA. You need to find the DLL yourself , but there is an add on that ships with that. It sounds a lot like eloquence, and works quite well.

On 12 Jul 2020, at 17:29, Sky Mundell wrote:

Hello. First, Codefactory has a SAPI 5 version of Eloquence that you can get for a price. I don’t have the price on the top of my head, but if you google Eloquence for NVDA code factory Eloquence. Another add-on they have is the Eloquence and Vocaliser expressive add-on for NVDA which also Codefactory makes, and it contains Eloquence and Vocaliser in one add-on. But as for free voices, the only free voices that I know of are TruVoice, and the Microsoft Speech from 1999 with Mary, Mike, and Sam. A slight correction. I think you meant windows one core voices. If your' on windows 10, NVDA doesn’t use ESpeak as the default voice. Instead, you get the one core voices by default if your on windows 10.
I hope this helps. Thanks, Sky.

On Jul 12, 2020, at 5:15 PM, Ibrahim Ajayi kobisko@... wrote:

Hi good people:
I am in ee of a free synthesizer for NVDA.

Before now, I used the I used the auto language for eloquence. I
didn't know that that program was a cracked one, and it no longer
works with NVDA.
I am not comfortable with the default speech of NVDA which is ESpeak,
because I don't understand the speech, and it is even too low. I also
know of narrator, or Microsoft API5, but I am also not comfortable
with that too. That synthesizer is also too low.
So, are there any free other synshesisers that I can try out.
At the moment I am managing the 40-minute version of JAWS.
Regards.
I am Ibrahim.