Re: nvda not speaking program/icon on the desktop when pressing first letter

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Out of curiosity do you have your computer connected to a tv via a hdmi cable? or is it computer to monitor or a lap top.

I have a pc connected to a tv via hdmi from the pc and it done weird stuff like you said.

It would do some thing weird like that and might only say the first letter not the word on the pc some stuff it would speak correctly and others not.

I think for it to work correctly I have to update the drivers for the hdmi audio or what ever it is called.

It seemed laggy to at present I have not updated it so do not know if it would fix it.

But I went back and done it from the speaker out on the pc to speakers and it worked properly.

I thought it might of been a sound driver problem which I think it was wither either the tv causing it which I would most probably have to update on the pc.

if it is not connected to a tv like I mentioned then you could cross this one off 2.

gene nz

On 14/07/2020 9:13 am, Fresh Start wrote:
Hi everyone, I did disable the one addon, clipspeak most current version.
There isn't any change concerning first letter navigation on the desktop or
in a list of files.
Speech other than that is working fine. But it would be nice to move by the
first letter navigation. So if anyone has any ideas how to get it back I
would appreciate them. I have NVDA on two three computers and all works
fine. Thanks for responding to my questions.