Re: Automatic Column and Row Header Reading

Sam Taylor

Thank you, Tyler. No, it wasn't, and this is precisely what I needed to do. I have this off for usual activity, and clearly I'm going to have to set up a trigger. If this isn't mentioned in the documentation along with the need for enabling row/column headers which I did know about, it may be worth including.

Thanks again.

Sam

On 14/07/2020 9:31 am, Tyler Spivey wrote:
Is Tables checked in NVDA, Preferences, Settings, Document Formatting?
If not, check it.

On 7/13/2020 3:46 PM, Sam Taylor via groups.io wrote:
Thanks Cearbhall,

I have constructed a test workbook without any blank lines. Still I
cannot get NVDA to read the coordinates as it should. I have tested with
NVDA 2019 and 2017 with the same result, so I am beginning to wonder
whether there is some type of setting in Excel itself which is causing
this to happen.

Thanks

Sam

On 13/07/2020 11:00 pm, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Sam,

Have you any blank columns separating blocks of columns. If so, you
would need to set the column headings on the first cell in the heading
row of each block to make NVDA call out the column headings for that
block.

All the best,

Cearbhall