Re: Possible bug with NVDA and Notepad++

Gene

If I understand your message, which I may not have when I first answered it, you are saying that if you haven't read the material before, you can set the start place, then set the end place as you read. That's true. I don't know how many people select in that way. I don't recall ever selecting material unless I know already what I want to select.

Does the problem you are describing only occur on specific programs or in general?

From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 7:57 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Possible bug with NVDA and Notepad++

You can move to the start point, then hold shift and move down by line while
holding the shift key, not releasing it at all. You will hear each line you
are selecting as you move. In your message, you said you first mark the
start point, then move to the end of the message. So in your example, you
want to select from the start point to the end of the message. Move to the
start point, then use the command control shift end to move to the end of
the file and select from the start point to the end.

When you select, you use the movement commands with the shift added. You
can hold the shift and move and hear what you are moving through such as
holding the shift, not releasing it, and repeatedly pressing down arrow.
You can use more than one movement command. You can use shift down arrow,
then use shift plus right arrow.