Re: NVDA Highlighter Window

Laughing Thunder

That's a little odd. If you have a checkbox that's half-checked, just use space to toggle it until it's unchecked. If you don't need the focus highlighting that is.

On 7/15/2020 4:00 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

Thanks, I haven’t altered my settings recently and it suddenly appeared but has now gone.  I have just checked the Vision settings, Enable Highlighting is half-checked but I’ve no idea what that means   and Highlight System Focus is checked.

Cheers

Chris

From: Laughing Thunder
Sent: 15 July 2020 18:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Highlighter Window

If you have it set to highlight the focus, or browse mode cursors visually, that’s what this is. If you turn those off in the visuals category of the Settings dialogue, the window will go away. Otherwise, just ignore it as it’s related to the focus highlighting.

On Jul 15, 2020, at 5:40 AM, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

Hi

I have a window on my task bar entitled “NVDA Highlighter Window” but when I attempt to switch focus to it, it is unavailable.  Any idea what this is?

I am using:

NVDA version 2020.1

Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)

Cheers

Chris

--
Laughingthunder