Re: office 2019 word and nvda

Well this issue happens on an exit command from word 2019.

It doesn't happen on 2016.

Word exits, it maybe taking time to do so though powering narator at the point word exits shows it has in deed exited to desktop.

In 10 seconds or so word will complete exiting to desktop as far as nvda gives a damn.

However at that point nvda will not read anything right like search boxes till I restart it.

Luckily running nvda again will restart it.

I have yet to try it on the rc but assuming it is going on the rc its almost like nvda is waiting for catch up.

On 17/07/2020 8:56 am, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi all,
Based on the log posted by Luke, it appears NVDA is trying to obtain
information from a control that no longer exists (according to accessibility
API's) or something is grabbing NVDA's attention too long.
Technical: I think there is a thread deadlock somewhere. The log fragment in
question (see the GitHub issue Luke created) mostly points to threads trying
to wait for something from its processing queue. This is evidenced by the
fact that multiple threads are waiting for a response from a "dead" UIA
element in regards to supported properties.
Cheers,
Joseph