Normally I remove the McAfee programs using the NVDA OCR feature...

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 11:43 de 17/07/2020, Robert Doc Wright godfearer escreveu:

How do you get rid of Macafee
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Berry" <sb356607@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 11:10 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] McAffee Antivirus does not work with NVDA

It does work with JAWS and there is really no reason why it couldn't
work with NVDA.

On 7/16/2020 7:11 AM, Gene wrote:
That's not surprising. Increasing numbers of antivirus programs don't
work with screen-readers. It may work with JAWS; you might want to
try JAWS to see but I'm far from optimistic.

If you are using Windows 10, Windows Defender is highly rated and well
thought of. If Malware Bytes is still accessible, you may want to use
that as well.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Scott Berry
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:58 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] McAffee Antivirus does not work with NVDA

Hello there,

It looks as though the new McAffee antivirus doesn't work with N'Vda.
It simply says: "Chrome: Cannot read old Chrome."