Re: Mandarin Chinese on Computers for a New Chinese Learner

Clement Chou

I recommend the standard Microsoft Pinyin IME for chinese simplified.
Best for a beginner IMO.

On 7/21/20, Ben J. Bloomgren <godsquad@cox.net> wrote:
Clement,

Which keyboard layout do you use? There are so many.

Ben

On Jul 19, 2020, at 20:00, Clement Chou <chou.clement@gmail.com> wrote:

The simplified and traditional chinese IME's are both accessible. And
for a beginner, as long as you install the language packs for windows,
those will be good resources to get you started. NVDA does a good job
of describing characters and what they mean along with the windows 1
core voices. That's my daily solution for Mandarin use as a native
speaker.

On 7/19/20, Nguyễn Đức Anh Minh <anhminh3011@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Larry and mates,

I am a born blind who use Windows, Android and iOs devices. I plan to
self-study Mandarin Chinese via Internet resources. Could you please
make
some recommendations of affordable, accessible, effective screen
readers,
input methods, Chinese-English dictionary and tutorials which meet my
objectives.

Many thanks
Minh