Re: NVDA works slowly in excel 2016

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Martin,

I would also like to hear the answer to this from our resident NVDA experts.

In my own experience, when I run a macro to process an Excel worksheet, Excel slows down dramatically after each run of the macro so that I have to restart the computer to get back to a speedy process. I have read that this is a memory management problem with Excel which fails to flush out previously used memory and so runs out of accessible memory slots.

I raise this here, in case you are finding this sluggishness right away when you start NVDA or after working for a little while? In that case, I would recommend that you put on the NVDA log for a full working session so that the team can see just what the computer is doing and whether this is an Excel issue or due to NVDA programming. I intend producing such a log myself for both Ms. Word and Ms. Excel which both end up running slowly and frequently crash!

All the best,

Cearbhall