Re: NVDA works slowly in excel 2016

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Martin,

I would also like to hear the answer to this from our resident NVDA experts.

In my own experience, when I run a macro to process an Excel worksheet, Excel slows down dramatically after each run of the macro so that I have to restart the computer to get back to a speedy process. I have read that this is a memory management problem with Excel which fails to flush out previously used memory and so runs out of accessible memory slots.

I raise this here, in case you are finding this sluggishness right away when you start NVDA or after working for a little while? In that case, I would recommend that you put on the NVDA log for a full working session so that the team can see just what the computer is doing and whether this is an Excel issue or due to NVDA programming. I intend producing such a log myself for both Ms. Word and Ms. Excel which both end up running slowly and frequently crash!

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Martin O'Sullivan
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 2:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA works slowly in excel 2016

This issue is driving me mad  Excel is becoming unusable with NVDA.  NVDA often reads the contents of the previous sells, for example if you arrow between sells NVDA will read the contents of the sell you left and not the sell you entered.

It is really slow switching between sheets.

What is the fix for this?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.