Re: NVDA works slowly in excel 2016

Martin O'Sullivan

Well did that and it has improved the performance  however   The issue of nvda reading behind the selection still persists.

But not Shure that this is an excel problem, as it does the same in Gmail, and other applications.

so, when you arrow down NVDA reads the line before the line which you are on.

but for anyone looking for how to do it here is a quick guide.

How to Disable Live Preview in Excel

The live preview in Excel shows how a feature affects the document as you hover over different choices. For example, when hovering over different types of charts, the selected data will demo different charts. To disable the Live Preview, please following the steps below:

press alt tap f then tap t

Uncheck "Enable Live Preview" in the options dialog box

--
Martin O'Sullivan
‎"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."  Hélder Câmara

"Act your way into a feeling don’t feel your way into Action" (Gandhi)
"Be the change you want to see in the world." (Gandhi)

"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." (Elie Wiesel )
Tel: +353878289243

E-mail osumartin@...

APT 29 Falcons View
Blanchardstown Centre
Blanchardstown
D15 VK88
Co Dublin
Ireland

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 at 15:53, Jackie <abletec@...> wrote:
I don't know where it is in 2016, but I found I had to take Excel out
of Live Preview mode in order for it to work, just in case that is of
interest to some. Again, because of the version hell that is Excel &
MS products in general, I can't tell you specifically where that's
located, but check options, particularly under the view tab, though
again, it may be elsewhere. It made Excel usable again for me, whereas
before it wasn't.