Re: problems with hot keys

Luke Davis

Yes. This happened from time to time with older versions, but I've been seeing it a lot more with recent versions (beta, RC, and alpha).

I haven't been able to figure out if it is NVDA's fault, or some change in Windows 2004.

I have yet to capture a log on it, as it usually happens when I'm in a hurry.

I believe it used to happen more with Firefox, whereas now it seems to happen for just about any application. Also it no longer seems to happen only after a machine suspend.

Not only is the NVDA key no longer functional in these cases (I.E. NVDA+Q does nothing but type a Q), even more perplexing to me is that Ctrl+Alt+N fails to launch the desktop shortcut.
Which implies something about the keyboard driver I think, although Restarting NVDA from the systray icon still fixes the problem.

Luke

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020, Don H wrote:

I am running the latest released version of NVDA on a Win10 2004 laptop.  On a random basis I am running into the problem where all the hotkeys for Nvda stop working.    Is anyone else seeing this problem?  Can't even close VNDA as the insert q doesn't work