Re: problems with hot keys

Quentin Christensen

Odd,

If someone can capture a log at debug level that would be really helpful please!

Quentin.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 1:40 PM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
Yes. This happened from time to time with older versions, but I've been seeing
it a lot more with recent versions (beta, RC, and alpha).

I haven't been able to figure out if it is NVDA's fault, or some change in
Windows 2004.

I have yet to capture a log on it, as it usually happens when I'm in a hurry.

I believe it used to happen more with Firefox, whereas now it seems to happen
for just about any application.  Also it no longer seems to happen only after a
machine suspend.

Not only is the NVDA key no longer functional in these cases (I.E. NVDA+Q does
nothing but type a Q), even more perplexing to me is that Ctrl+Alt+N fails to
launch the desktop shortcut.
Which implies something about the keyboard driver I think, although Restarting
NVDA from the systray icon still fixes the problem.

Luke

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager