Re: How to do post-production work in audacity class exercises are now available.

derek riemer

Hi,

If anyone typed http:// before, did it work? It should have redirected to https if so. If anyone got an error with simply http in there, please let me know, because my server has hsts set, so that means I can't connect to it insecurely because my browser won't, and anyone's browser won't after their first visit to my site.

On 8/22/2016 10:19 AM, Governor staten wrote:

Thanks Jim! Chalk it up as a lapse of thinking for me. :)

On 8/22/2016 7:15 AM, The Gamages wrote:
you need to type http:\\ before the address if it’s not already there in your browser.

Best Regards, Jim.

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2016 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to do post-production work in audacity class exercises are now available.

It works here. I don't know why you are having a problem.

Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2016 10:49 AM

I looked character by character. I deleted the period from the end and any trailing spaces at the end as well. I get an error 404 not found. This is the link to the self extracting executable. I haven't tried the other link yet.

On 8/21/2016 3:31 AM, Gene wrote:
If a link doesn't work, look at it character by character.  If you copied the link to the address bar in your browser, you probably copied the period that ended the sentence immediately after the link.  Copy the link to the address bar, move to the end with the end command, back space once to remove the period, then follow the link.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2016 1:51 AM

What error do you get?

On 8/20/2016 11:14 PM, Governor staten wrote:
I'd like to get these files. It appears that the link doesn't work.

On 8/21/2016 12:51 AM, derek riemer wrote:
yesterday I mentioned the course to
teach potential NVDACon editors
how to edit audio, in hopes of getting people interested in helping
with post-production of the NVDACon sessions. If you are interested in
challenge problems and exercises that are encouraged for those
learning audio editing, you can download them at
files.derekriemer.com/audacity_editing_class.exe.

Note that this is simply a 7zip self-extracting archive. If you are
weary of running executables, you can install 7zip, and unpack the
archive from this link (It's the exact same files, just not
self-extracting). files.derekriemer.com/audacity_editing_class.7z

Also, under this folder is challenge.wav. This is the audio of the
class I ran on teamtalk today. It is unedited, so that you can
practice making a post-production ready audio file. In order to
compress to mp3 in audacity, you need to install the laime library for
MP3 encoding. This is clearly documented on the audacity website
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Lame_Installation

--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

mailto:derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.