Problems using NVDA 2020.2 With a Freedom Scientific Focus 40 Fifth Generation Braille Display

This is on behalf of a friend who called me. He is doing a demo with NVDA and this Braille display, the Focus 40 Fifth Generation from Freedom Scientific. He is using the above Braille display and cannot get the rocker buttons to do what they should be assigned to do. He is using NVDA 2020.2.  We reset NVDA back to factory defaults. He downloaded and installed the drivers he was asked to install. Could anyone help me troubleshoot this issue with my friend?

A further note: This issue with the rocker switches also occurs with the Focus 40 Fourth Generation as well. His version of Windows should be up to date. He does demos and such frequently. Any help with this is appreciated.