Re: Two problems with NVDA 2020.2

Sean

The second problem is also experienced with Espeak NG.
independently of  synthesizers.

On 29/07/2020 18:33, Tyler Spivey wrote:
Both of these are a problem with your synthesizer. NVDA relies on
indexing a lot more than it used to, and I'm guessing your synth can't
do it well enough.
On 7/29/2020 2:41 AM, Gloomy_Apple wrote:
Hello all!

   I have just finally moved on from the NVDA 2019.2 version and updated
to the newest one. However now I'm having two problems with it. I'm
pretty sure that the first one has been already mentioned in the group
though in regard to a different version, but can't find the topic for
the life of me so apologies if this is repetitive.

   1: I have the "Speak Typed Characters" option on most of the time,
and now after the update, when I'm on the desktop and navigating to a
specific icon by its first letter, NVDA will only say the letter but not
the name of the icon afterwards. I've heard that this was a problem in
the 2019.3 version with older speech synths however I'm using Acapela
(for Sapi5, not for NVDA) so was quite surprised to see this problem. I
turned the Speak Typed Characters option off for now but if this is
something I can fix myself, I'd really appreciate any advice.

   2: When using the NVDA+Down Arrow to read continuously, NVDA will
stop after a while. I assume that it stops when reaching the end of a
paragraph, or before a heading.

   Are these just some bugs in this version that will be removed later
or is it something that I can get back to working properly as someone
who's not extremely techy? Do you guys have any suggestions how to deal
with this.

   Best wishes.

--

Sean

👨‍🦯 I’m programmer. I coding often Python, sometimes Go and rarely C++.