Re: How to do post-production work in audacity class exercises are now available.

jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Yep, the link worked fine for me also. Once I'd copied it, I just had to remove the space at the end I think and it took me straight to the download. Worked like a charm.

On 8/22/2016 9:18 PM, Gene wrote:
What is the full address?  It should not be necessary in modern browsers to type http://www. or http:// and then the address.  I haven't tried using a colon but I doubt that will help.  Yesterday, I cut and pasted the link into firefox as written, and I was able to follow it after removing the period.  But when giving links, people should give the full link.  Whatever it is http:// then the link or http://www. followed by the link.

Browsers won't see a link with no prefix as a link.  It can't be clicked on.  It must be pasted into a browser.  And it may be, I don't know, that under certain conditions, a link with no prefix cannot be followed when pasted as is into a browser.

The correct link in this case is:

Note that just placing a colon before the link is not correct.  :// is the correct syntax.  Also, there is no www. in this linik.

If people don't have their screen-readers set to read punctuation, the various ways I've written for the beginnings of links should be read character by character to make sure no punctuation is missed.

Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to do post-production work in audacity class exercises are now available.

Hi,

If anyone typed http:// before, did it work? It should have redirected to https if so. If anyone got an error with simply http in there, please let me know, because my server has hsts set, so that means I can't connect to it insecurely because my browser won't, and anyone's browser won't after their first visit to my site.

On 8/22/2016 10:19 AM, Governor staten wrote:

Thanks Jim! Chalk it up as a lapse of thinking for me. :)

On 8/22/2016 7:15 AM, The Gamages wrote:
you need to type http:\\ before the address if it’s not already there in your browser.

Best Regards, Jim.