Re: Using the num pad keys to review text

Gene

I should say that I suspect many people don't understand why they can seem to review text with numpad 4 and 6 in NVDA in the same way as JAWS but that the cursor doesn't move when they experiment during the transition from JAWS to NVDA.

From: Gene via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using the num pad keys to review text

I suspect a lot of people don't realize why numpad 4 and 6 do what they do
when using JAWS. I doubt your friend understands that 4 and 6 will often
seem to review text in the same way in NVDA but that the cursor will not
move. That's why I made my point. Many people transitioning from JAWS to
NVEDA may find when experimenting that Numpad 4 and 6 seem to do the same
thing, but they don't.