Re: Two problems with NVDA 2020.2

Ron Canazzi

Hello:

I cannot confirm the issue with the desktop icons. 2020.2 works just as it should.  The issue with read to end has been around for a while. It seems to be dependent on a lot of things including length of document, formatting and so on.

This is with Windowx 10 version 2004 Eloquence synth from AT Guys SAPI 5 version.

On 7/29/2020 5:41 AM, Gloomy_Apple wrote:
Hello all!

   I have just finally moved on from the NVDA 2019.2 version and updated to the newest one. However now I'm having two problems with it. I'm pretty sure that the first one has been already mentioned in the group though in regard to a different version, but can't find the topic for the life of me so apologies if this is repetitive.

   1: I have the "Speak Typed Characters" option on most of the time, and now after the update, when I'm on the desktop and navigating to a specific icon by its first letter, NVDA will only say the letter but not the name of the icon afterwards. I've heard that this was a problem in the 2019.3 version with older speech synths however I'm using Acapela (for Sapi5, not for NVDA) so was quite surprised to see this problem. I turned the Speak Typed Characters option off for now but if this is something I can fix myself, I'd really appreciate any advice.

   2: When using the NVDA+Down Arrow to read continuously, NVDA will stop after a while. I assume that it stops when reaching the end of a paragraph, or before a heading.

   Are these just some bugs in this version that will be removed later or is it something that I can get back to working properly as someone who's not extremely techy? Do you guys have any suggestions how to deal with this.

   Best wishes.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"