Re: I am needing assistance updating to the latest version of NVDA

Sarah k Alawami

No worries. I just found out I have a slight brain disability last year as well. So I understand.

Glad we could help.

On 30 Jul 2020, at 16:02, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:

Sorry to clutter the list but I wanted to thank David and Sarah for helping me so much. I did not have the website that sarah mentioned written down before and when I went in that way it worked. I have memory problems now and thus the reason my confidence level is even lower. Thank you both for helping me have the courage to try downloading it this way.

Thank you to those who designed the website that the link said exactly what told me that I was at the correct spot to download the latest update.

On 7/30/2020 3:59 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

You will be fine. Go to nvda-project.org and use yoru screen reader's find function to find and navigate. You will be fine. You won't get hurt.

On 30 Jul 2020, at 12:25, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:

Thank you. I am waiting to hear back from David hopefully with a link to the full install. As I have told you and now told him I do not feel comfortable with websites where I have to download something unless there is a direct link. I know it is a fear I need to get over but I guess it is because of a lack of training on computers.

On 7/30/2020 11:39 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
And to add to Mr. Goldfield's advice, if you have an issue running the full installer for NVDA 2020.2, then manually uninstall whatever NVDA you currently have installed via Control Panel, Programs and Features, then trying to install the latest again.  But don't do that first, as an install-over install generally works just fine.

Betsy Grenevitch
678-862-3876
--
Betsy Grenevitch