Re: I am needing assistance updating to the latest version of NVDA

Kevin Cussick

Hi, well done, I remember what was like when I got my first computer. so just shout out and we will help if we can.

On 31/07/2020 00:02, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:
Sorry to clutter the list but I wanted to thank David and Sarah for helping me so much. I did not have the website that sarah mentioned written down before and when I went in that way it worked. I have memory problems now and thus the reason my confidence level is even lower. Thank you both for helping me have the courage to try downloading it this way.
Thank you to those who designed the website that the link said exactly what told me that I was at the correct spot to download the latest update.
On 7/30/2020 3:59 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

You will be fine. Go to nvda-project.org and use yoru screen reader's find function to find and navigate. You will be fine. You won't get hurt.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. <http://www.tffppodcast.com>

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine. <http://tffppodcast.com/shadow>

Our discord <http://discord.tffppodcast.com> is where you will know when we go live on twitch. <http://twitch.tv/ke7zum> Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum> and my tffp lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@tffppodcast> You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here <Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>

On 30 Jul 2020, at 12:25, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:

Thank you. I am waiting to hear back from David hopefully with a
link to the full install. As I have told you and now told him I do
not feel comfortable with websites where I have to download
something unless there is a direct link. I know it is a fear I
need to get over but I guess it is because of a lack of training
on computers.

On 7/30/2020 11:39 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
And to add to Mr. Goldfield's advice, if you have an issue
running the full installer for NVDA 2020.2, then manually
uninstall whatever NVDA you currently have installed via Control
Panel, Programs and Features, then trying to install the latest
again.  But don't do that first, as an install-over install
generally works just fine.

*/Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost
its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth./*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in /New York Times/ article, /How
Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States/
<https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html>/,/September
23, 2019
--
Betsy Grenevitch