Re: Reading Graphics with NVDA

Gene

I don't know what these add-ons do, but Google already furnishes image descriptions. I don't know what conditions are necessary or if you have to be on the image or just on the page. I've almost never used the feature. Open the context menu on any web page while using Chrome and you will see an image description submenu if you look through the menu.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 4:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading Graphics with NVDA

Also, you won't find "image description" in those Advanced Accessibility settings unless you do more to get it there via the Chrome Web Store, I'd presume. I know I've never done anything with regard to image description, and it's not there. I can find only one extension in the Web Store that directly references image description in its name, Better Image Descriptions, and another with the cute name, Oh Caption, My Caption.

I'm running Chrome Version Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

If there's some other secret to getting image description in Chrome then more details are needed.

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it. The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus, November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story