Re: Reading Graphics with NVDA

Gene

Its on mine as well. I've turned on and off this feature using the context menu but I don't see why that would cause it not to be available in the advanced settings. It’s a toggle button.

Is it there when you go through the items with a screen-reader running? While I doubt it, without checking, we don't definitely know if the presence of a screen-reader causes it to be or not be available.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 5:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading Graphics with NVDA

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 06:15 PM, g melconian wrote:
Bryan what version of chrome do you have.-
As I said in my previous post: I'm running Chrome Version Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I'm not doubting it's there for you. What I'm saying is that it's not there by default, and that you did something, at some point in the past, that causes this to appear.

The only two items in the Accessibility options on my machine, and also on my partner's (and I know he's never touched anything with regard to advanced Chrome settings) are Captions and Add accessibility features - open Chrome web store. His machine is running exactly the same version of Chrome as mine is, and both report Chrome being up to date with regard to version after doing a check.

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it. The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus, November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story