Re: Reading Graphics with NVDA

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>

Yes I am using  both NVDA  and JAWS.   I will see if its there  if I use narrator as well.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2020 3:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading Graphics with NVDA

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 06:27 PM, Gene wrote:

Is it there when you go through the items with a screen-reader running?

Gene,

           You hit the nail on the head.  It does appear when I have NVDA running and does not when I do not.

            New Edge does not appear to have Accessibility settings (or at least not under that moniker).  Brave does not either, under that or image or describ (I didn't bother completing the word, as that should be enough to get any variant), yet the option for the context menu pops up.

             This is the first time I've seen a browser settings be sensitive to whether a screen reader is running at the time or not.  This certainly makes sense when it's accessibility settings, though it does pose some dangers in terms of sighted assistants trying to assist by looking on their own machines (which will often not have a screen reader at all - or not one that they know how to run).   I'll have to see if this is picked up when running JAWS and Narrator later.

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

    ~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story