Re: Speech crackling/breaking up in latest NVDA

Curtis Delzer

download silencio,

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 8/5/2020 9:49 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
So I just finally decided to brave the Python 3 hurdle, and updated from 2019.2.1 to 2020.2. I've updated the addons I could and wanted to keep, and they're both working fine.
I am, however, having an odd little issue with the synth's speech. I'm using ESpeak NG, and the latest NVDA. I'm on Windows 10.
My issue is that occasionally, most often at the ends of sentences and on the word image in the context of that being an object, the speech will break up slightly, for a brief but noticeable fraction of a second. It happens irregularly, and I don't know what to do to fix it. I asked on a Discord server I'm a member of, and someone there told me to switch audio output from Microsoft Sound Mapper to my speakers/headphones. I did this, but it hasn't helped.
I've also noticed a slight but noticeable lag when deleting characters, and in single-letter navigation. In the latter, It takes most of a second before NVDA announces the item the cursor has moved to after the letter was pressed.
Any help regarding these issues would be sincerely appreciated.