Re: Speech crackling/breaking up in latest NVDA

Sharni-Lee Ward

It was already set to off. What do I do in this case?

On 6/08/2020 3:52 pm, Jackie wrote:
Sharni-Lee, this often happens in Windows 10 in conjunction w/a
Realtech audio driver. Specifically, it happens when enhancements are
enabled.

Try going to control panel > sound, then down arrow till you hear your
playback device announced. It might sound similar to:
Speakers; Realtek(R) Audio;
Press alt p for properties.
Control tab till you hear "spatial sound" announced.
At this point you should be in a dropdown list which you can use your
up & down arrow keys to navigate.
Arrow to 'off', then tab to ok & activate. Press ok as many times as
required to exit the dialog.

Please let us know if this helps.

On 8/5/20, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
Just checked the addons page and didn't see it there. I still don't like
the sound of an addon with that name.

On 6/08/2020 3:30 pm, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I don't want my speech silenced!

On 6/08/2020 2:58 pm, Curtis Delzer wrote:
download silencio,

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@calweb.com

On 8/5/2020 9:49 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
So I just finally decided to brave the Python 3 hurdle, and updated
from 2019.2.1 to 2020.2. I've updated the addons I could and wanted
to keep, and they're both working fine.

I am, however, having an odd little issue with the synth's speech.
I'm using ESpeak NG, and the latest NVDA. I'm on Windows 10.

My issue is that occasionally, most often at the ends of sentences
and on the word image in the context of that being an object, the
speech will break up slightly, for a brief but noticeable fraction
of a second. It happens irregularly, and I don't know what to do to
fix it. I asked on a Discord server I'm a member of, and someone
there told me to switch audio output from Microsoft Sound Mapper to
my speakers/headphones. I did this, but it hasn't helped.

I've also noticed a slight but noticeable lag when deleting
characters, and in single-letter navigation. In the latter, It takes
most of a second before NVDA announces the item the cursor has moved
to after the letter was pressed.

Any help regarding these issues would be sincerely appreciated.