Re: Issue With Windows Security And Monitoring Virus Scan Progress

Gene

Try using object navigation. I don't know how familiar you are with it. I can give you a quick description if you wish.

From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2020 6:37 AM
To: NVDA Official Group
Subject: [nvda] Issue With Windows Security And Monitoring Virus Scan Progress

Hello Group,

Until recently (I am not sure when this started) when I would manually
run a Virus scan for Windows security, I could switch to the screen
review cursor and look at the dialogue including the progress and
setting. Now when I try this during a scan, all NVDA says is 'blandk.'
Now if I use the read dialogue keystroke insert + B, after reading
through a bunch of superfluous items such as the tool bars and system
items, I do get the scan progress information read correctly. This
means that it must be recognizable by NVDA at some level.

Has anyone else seen this issue? If so, is there some way of rectifying
the situation? If NVDA sees it in the read dialogue context, shouldn't
it be available in some form so that it can be read more easily?

Thanks for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"