Re: Speech crackling/breaking up in latest NVDA

Also be certain that the device drivers for your sound device(s) are completely up to date.  I see more complaints coming across the general purpose Windows 10 technical support groups about pops, cracks, and other audio irregularities that I ever have with any prior version of Windows.   It can almost always be traced back to the drivers, whether that's because the ones installed are old and from the OEM (whether of your computer or sound card), or are newer but Microsoft issued generic ones where the latest OEM drivers are really needed.

          ~ Oscar Wilde