Re: Speech crackling/breaking up in latest NVDA

Sean

Unfortunately, the old stability disappeared with the move to Python3.

I have an Issue about this. But the NVDA team said this would be a difficult / complex process.
Nothing can be done right now.

1. https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/11061
2. https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/10971

On 06/08/2020 07:49, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
So I just finally decided to brave the Python 3 hurdle, and updated from 2019.2.1 to 2020.2. I've updated the addons I could and wanted to keep, and they're both working fine.

I am, however, having an odd little issue with the synth's speech. I'm using ESpeak NG, and the latest NVDA. I'm on Windows 10.

My issue is that occasionally, most often at the ends of sentences and on the word image in the context of that being an object, the speech will break up slightly, for a brief but noticeable fraction of a second. It happens irregularly, and I don't know what to do to fix it. I asked on a Discord server I'm a member of, and someone there told me to switch audio output from Microsoft Sound Mapper to my speakers/headphones. I did this, but it hasn't helped.

I've also noticed a slight but noticeable lag when deleting characters, and in single-letter navigation. In the latter, It takes most of a second before NVDA announces the item the cursor has moved to after the letter was pressed.

Any help regarding these issues would be sincerely appreciated.

--

Sean

👨‍🦯 I’m programmer. I coding often Python, sometimes Go and rarely C++.