Re: Speech crackling/breaking up in latest NVDA

Sharni-Lee Ward

Problem being, I was told how to turn off enhancements yesterday, but when I followed those instructions, I found that the enhancements were already turned off!

On 7/08/2020 7:43 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

That’s the information we’ve been waiting for. At least it helps us narrow down the culprit a bit further.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Speech crackling/breaking up in latest NVDA

The make is Asus and I don't know off the top of my head what the model is. I do know I have Realtec drivers, and that they were responsible for the internal mike on my laptop being as godawful as it is, but I couldn't find the enhancements for that. My USB mike is far superior so I don't care about it any more.

It should be noted that this never happens with audio from other sources.

On 7/08/2020 7:29 am, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 05:24 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

I don't know how to check this or how to update the driver without assistance.

-
Which I'm happy to provide, but more information is necessary.  As a starting point, what is the make and model of your computer?

          ~ Oscar Wilde