Re: Object Navigation - Where and How Do You Use It?

molly the blind tech lover

Hi.

I use object navigation when I am doing a virus scan and want to read the progress information.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 12:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Object Navigation - Where and How Do You Use It?

Hello All,

          This is a navigation method that I really have yet to wrap my head around.  My intent with this topic is not to trigger a discussion of the abstract concepts of object navigation, though they're certainly not unwelcome, but to elicit a collection of specific programs/dialogs/etc. where you personally use object navigation to get around in it and how it travels when you do.

           I have not had a lot of luck yet when just playing with object navigation at random, and figure I (and perhaps many others) might "get the hang of it" much better if we were trying it out in a context either that we're familiar with but haven't used it, or in a context someone else has described so that our experimentation has more meaning from the outset.

           If you feel so inclined, please share.

          ~ Oscar Wilde