Re: Speech crackling/breaking up in latest NVDA

Another thing, on the asus page I linked to after chosing the uar model, there is a bios update and utilities to do this, this is recent and will effect all hardware, it may or may not fix issues with the chips, there are chipset software updates to.

On 7/08/2020 10:43 am, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

System Model: VivoBook 15_ASUS Laptop X507UAR

I scrolled through the pages but couldn't find my sound driver listed, and it said there were no problems found.

On 7/08/2020 7:49 am, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 05:38 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
The make is Asus and I don't know off the top of my head what the model is.
-
Unfortunately, then, I'm stuck.  There are, literally, thousands of Asus computer models, and without the specific model it's impossible to determine what the most recent drivers Asus has for a given computer are.

The only way I know of that you might be able to get the model number, as what's provided varies by maker, is using the DXDIAG command.  Hit Winkey+R, enter DXDIAG in the open edit box, then hit Enter.  You'll get a message about needing to connect to the internet to check certain things which it's fine to OK, then after about 15-30 seconds a window will pop up with the title DirectX Diagnostic Tool and it is open to its System tab.  In that tab, what's shown to the right of the label System model is the model.  There is also an Sound tab where the driver information for your sound device (usually output device, e.g., speakers/headphones) is shown.  What's important is the Date shown for the sound driver since you'd be checking on your computer's Drivers & Software page to see if the driver they offer is newer than what you have (also make a note of the version number, too, as there are times when an updated package is released, but the driver in it is the same version as an earlier package).

          ~ Oscar Wilde